Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Most people have two selves them at home or when no one is around and the person they are in public. I’m not unlike them but, the me at home, around my family is very different from the me when I’m in school, and when I’m around my friends. With my friends I am freer with personal information like my sexuality, personal opinion, religion views, and personal preferences. When I am in school I am more of a model student I do my work, listen in class, and treat my professor and class mates with respect. When I’m at home I am more closed with the things I have to say, and my opinion. The things that change how people act is the expectations people have for them and their constant urge or at least my urge to please others. With my family they are religious and have high values for me to succeed in school and anything I do so that also explains why I work so hard in school. With my friends I choose them and there for I feel more comfortable with them. Also, my friends chose me so there for they do not always have to agree or like the way I feel about things. This makes it more confortable to be more free and expressive with myself. Over the past few years my guardian has become more understanding of my self-expression. From the way I do my hair, the clothes I wear, to the way I make my body more unique like tattoos and my piercings. An example of a similar split of one’s personality is one of my past friends when in public they were very expressive in their personality but when they were in school they kept to them self and did not venture toward other groups they staid very close to their close friends.   

No comments:

Post a Comment